Traditional job shadows bring students to the workplace. JA’s Reverse Job Shadow brings the workplace to students!
We’ve partnered with numerous schools to bring our Reverse Job Shadow event to their students.
Reverse Job Shadows are made possible by the volunteers: local companies, small businesses, and entrepreneurs sign up to share their work advice, experience and answer student questions.
As a result, students become more work-ready by learning about the career opportunities available to them in the local area, and how the educational concepts they are learning each day can be practically applied to the world of work.
Sandalwood High School
Special thanks to everyone who attended the career fair with Sandalwood High School PTSA:
- Celeste Hearon – KELLY Educational Staffing Jacksonville
- Oliver Schnusenberg – University of North Florida Coggin College of Business
- Virginia Abell – Balanced Living LLC
- Susan Lazcano – BB&T
- Noel Blaha and Clayton Edwards – Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Tammy Holland and Nancy Loveland – Black Knight Financial Services
- Jessica Littlejohn – U.S. Army
- William Saunders – NEFBA Apprenticeship
- Tum Lyons – Florida Air National Guard
- Tim Martin – Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Kree Clark and Jessica Parker – Jacksonville University
- Tszyan Chu, Kathiravan, Darshika Desai – Florida Blue
- Tammy McKay, Michelle Curtright, Nina Manning, Jason Daily – Operation Lifesaver Inc.
- Albert Collins – Crowley Maritime Corporation
- Beth Friederich – Jacksonville Public Library
- Ron Tittle – Florida Department of Transportation
- Drew Guarino – Deutsche Bank
- Kelly Barrera – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
View more photos from Sandalwood High School here.
Sebastian Middle School
Special thanks to everyone who attended Reverse Job Shadow at Sebastian Middle School:
- KPMG U.S.
- St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office
- Pycraft Law LLC
- Florida Highway Patrol
- FCTC First Coast Technical College
- Coastal Court Reporters
- Signs Now of St. Augustine, Inc.
- Push Push Salon
- St. Johns County Public Library
- Railroad Collision Safety
- Harbor Community Bank
View more photos from Sebastian Middle School here.
Mandarin Middle School
Special thanks to everyone who attended Reverse Job Shadow at Mandarin Middle School:
- Mark Goldwich – Gold Star Adjusters
- Alison Pulley and Beth Friederich – Jacksonville Public Library
- Rita Story, Raymond Wolford, Stephen Gallagher, George Robbins, Kenneth Allen, Jeff Edwards – Rotary Club of Mandarin
- Charles Myers, Jim Hightower – Operation Lifesaver Inc.
- Vivian Borque, Alkidamia DeSouza, Astina Sampodian – Vistakon Johnson & Johnson Stephen Frick – Synovus
- Michael Elder – Florida Highway Patrol
- Alan Painter – Edward Jones
- Chase Foster – Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
View more photos from Mandarin Middle School here.
Upcoming Reverse Job Shadows
- KIPP Jacksonville Elementary School – Wednesday, April 19
- Global Outreach Charter Academy – Wednesday, May 17
- Matthew Gilbert Middle School – Monday, May 22
Whether you want to bring this unique experience to students at your school, or you’re a business owner or represent a company who would like to volunteer, contact us today! Call Tiffany Mackey at 904-398-9944 ext.230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Reverse Job Shadow on our website.