JA Our Nation®
Students learn about:
- The nation’s free market system and how it serves as an economic engine for businesses and careers.
- The need for entrepreneurial and innovative thinking to meet the requirements of high-growth, high-demand careers and the concept of globalization in business.
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a free market economy.
- Define entrepreneurship and explore the process of innovation.
- Understand that businesses need people with technical skills to support
high-growth, high-demand jobs.
- Compare career clusters.
- Explore how the United States is tied to the global economy.
Session One: Free to Choose Your Work or Business
Students are introduced to the nation’s free market system and how it supports businesses and careers.
Session Two: Innovation Nation
Students experience how entrepreneurial thinking can spur new businesses and the opportunity for future income. A wristband directs students to an online playable that explores STEM careers and skills.
Session Three: Career Clusters
Students examine career groups and the skills needed for a variety of careers.
Session Four: Get and Keep the Job!
Students identify important work-readiness soft skills necessary for career success.
Session Five: Global Connections
Students explore how the United States is connected to the global economy.
Bring JA Our Nation to your classroom!
At your invitation, we help arrange for business people and local community leaders to visit your classroom a few times or throughout the semester. Request JA Our Nation for your classroom today at JAjax.com.
Become a JA Volunteer!
Join Junior Achievement’s national network of more than 213,000 volunteers and help students in your community connect the dots between what they learn in school and the “business of life”— work readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy. Visit JAjax.com to learn how you can become a JA Volunteer.